Sustaining an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence can be disorienting and frustrating. Harmful incidents like car crashes and truck accidents can be costly in more ways than one. Not only can medical bills pile up quickly, but recovering from a serious injury can be a huge drain on your time, energy, and emotional wellbeing.
Regardless of injury severity, injured victims deserve the maximum compensation for their suffering. For many Georgia residents, one unfortunate accident can result in impaired daily functioning and the inability to work, leaving them with no means to provide for themselves and their families. Fortunately, our accomplished personal injury attorney at Connelly Law, PC is here to prevent that from happening.
With years of experience, you can count on us to be your strong advocate throughout the entire process, no matter how complicated your case may be. We're ready to help you move forward. Call us today at (404) 500-0259 or click below to read more about our firm.
Personalized ServiceYou'll work directly with your attorney; you'll never be pushed off to a case manager. We communicate at every step of the process.
Skilled Settlement NegotiatorMany personal injury matters are settled by negotiation, and we are highly skilled at producing fair settlements for our clients.
Accomplished Track RecordWe have successfully handled many personal injury cases and have helped many clients obtain favorable outcomes.
Practicing Since 2012As legal advocates for injury victims since 2012, we have acquired a great deal of experience in a multitude of cases.
If you wish to receive fair compensation in court, it’s crucial to seek strong representation immediately after an accident. A qualified personal injury attorney will be an invaluable asset to have in your corner, as they can help assist you with:
- Filing a personal injury claim. Your attorney can ensure that you complete and file all required paperwork correctly, completely, and on time. They can also help you stay on top of important deadlines and determine the most effective legal strategy to pursue throughout the duration of your case.
- Collecting sufficient evidence to support your claims. Your lawyer can investigate the incident that caused the injury and gather sufficient evidence, such as eyewitness testimonies, photographs, medical records, and other pertinent documents. They can also communicate with other involved parties on your behalf to determine liability.
- Negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf. As an effective negotiator, your attorney can help prevent opposing parties (such as large insurers) from manipulating you into accepting a lowballed settlement. A qualified legal advocate can either negotiate an out-of-court settlement or fight to recover damages in litigation if necessary.
A trusted personal injury lawyer can also fight to recover maximum compensation by calculating both economic and non-economic losses, including:
- Medical expenses
- Emotional damages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of wages due to missed work
- Future treatment costs (such as physical therapy or rehabilitation)
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Georgia?
According to the Georgia Code section 9-3-33, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in the state of Georgia is two years. The statute of limitations is a law that determines how long injury victims have to file a personal injury claim before they lose their legal right to do so.
This means you have two years from the date your injury occurred to file. It’s important to note that there are exceptions that can change this time limit, so it’s important you speak to an experienced Marietta personal injury attorney about the specifics of your case as soon as possible.
Examples of some of these exceptions include:
- If the injury victim was a minor when the accident happened
- If the alleged negligent party leaves the state before a claim can be filed
The statute of limitations has a big impact on your ability to file a claim so it’s important to speak to an experienced lawyer about the specifics of your case as soon as you can. Connelly Law offers free, no-obligation consultations so you have nothing to lose by contacting our firm today!
Our personal injury lawyer is experienced legal advocates with a longstanding history of success. Our firm has forged a hard-earned reputation for our:
- Proven track record of success: Our personal injury lawyer has successfully handled many personal injury cases and recovered compensation for clients throughout Marietta and Metro Atlanta.
- Successful litigation advocacy: Since 2012, our compassionate attorney has gained invaluable experience and demonstrated vital skills in courtroom litigation.
- Experienced negotiation skills: Our lawyer is well-equipped to effectively negotiate settlements both out-of-court and through litigation. Our in-depth legal knowledge empowers us to recover maximum compensation for our clients.
Since 2012, founding attorney Nick Connelly has passionately protected the rights of injured parties and their families throughout the state of Georgia. Our firm’s extensive experience handling personal injury cases makes us a formidable threat in the courtroom and makes us effective negotiators, especially when big insurance companies attempt to take advantage of our clients by offering lowballed settlements.
If you or a loved one sustained an injury due to another person’s careless act, rest assured that our firm will stop at nothing to seek justice on your behalf and obtain the full compensation you rightfully deserve for your suffering. With over a decade of experience, our knowledgeable legal advocates are well-equipped to represent your best interests in court, protect your rights, and help you take the first step toward recovery.
At Connelly Law, we can assist you with a variety of personal injury claims, such as:
- Car Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Truck Accidents
- Dog Bites & Attacks
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents
- Uber/Lyft & Rideshare Accidents
Our trusted personal injury lawyer can fight for the justice and compensation you’re rightfully entitled to. Call (404) 500-0259 to schedule a free consultation.