Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney in Marietta, GA
Strong Representation for Rideshare Accident Victims
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft can result in serious injury to Georgia passengers. If you’re the victim of a rideshare accident, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed or unsure of what to do next.
Regardless of fault, Uber and Lyft drivers can be held liable for any personal injuries sustained in rideshare accidents in the state of Georgia. Even if the rideshare company's insurance denies coverage or fails to pay out a satisfactory settlement amount, our experienced personal injury attorney can help fight to recover full compensation from all responsible parties.
Our experienced rideshare accident attorney understand the unique complexities of Uber and Lyft accidents andpersonal injury laws in Georgia. Our firm's in-depth legal knowledge and extensive experience make us well-equipped to represent victims of rideshare accidents in Marietta and beyond.
Turn to a personal injury attorney you can trust to prioritize your needs. Contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Rideshare Liability Laws in Georgia
Rideshare companies operating within the state of Georgia must adhere to the same standards and regulations set forth by personal injury laws. According to state law, rideshare companies can be held liable for personal injuries sustained in accidents involving their vehicles.
In other words, injured victims of Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare accidents are legally entitled to compensation from the company involved, regardless of who was at fault.
Under Georgia personal injury laws, injured parties can receive compensation for a range of damages resulting from the accident, such as:
- Loss of wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Psychological trauma
- Reduced earning capacity
All drivers employed by rideshare companies have a duty of care to their passengers, meaning they must drive responsibly while working. If a driver fails to drive safely and responsibly on behalf of Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare company, they can be held liable for any accidents that occur.
Insurance Requirements for Uber & Lyft
Rideshare companies are legally required to carry sufficient levels of liability insurance on each vehicle operated under their services.
Currently, the minimum coverage requirements for personal injury liability are:
- $50,000 per person;
- $100,000 per incident; and
- $25,000 for property damages caused by a rideshare accident.
All rideshare drivers operating within the state must also carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per incident to protect passengers in the event that they are hit by a driver without sufficient insurance or no insurance coverage at all.
Proving Liability in a Rideshare Accident
If you are in a car accident while riding in a Lyft or Uber in Georgia, the company can be held responsible. This means they have to pay money if you get hurt. They have to have enough insurance coverage so that if something bad happens, they can pay for their medical bills and other costs.
Georgia has specific laws outlining who is responsible for personal injury damages in the event of an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare car accident, such as medical expenses, loss of wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more. Regardless of fault, the rideshare company must take responsibility for any personal injuries caused by their drivers.
It's imperative for Georgia passengers to understand their rights in a Lyft, Uber, or rideshare car accident. Taking swift and appropriate legal action is essential to recovering compensation. First and foremost, injured parties should contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible, as their in-depth legal knowledge and understanding of state laws will likely be invaluable assets when fighting to recover full compensation from liable parties in court.
5-Star Client Testimonials
"Nick was great to work with! He made sure I understood everything that was going on."Former Client
"He was extremely professional and explained things to me in detail."Regina D.
"Best Personal Injury attorney out there. Excellent response time and professionalism."Joe S.
Injured passengers in rideshare accidents in Georgia must follow legal processes and procedures to the letter if they wish to recover full compensation for damages.
To maximize the chance of obtaining a favorable outcome in court, injured rideshare passengers should take the following steps:
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention. Immediately after being involved in a rideshare accident, it’s important to seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you are seriously injured. A physician can properly diagnose any injuries that may not be immediately visible and provide crucial medical documentation required in personal injury cases.
- Take Photos & Gather Evidence. Taking photographs of the scene of the accident can help establish liability and support your personal injury claim. Additionally, gather essential evidence such as witness information and contact details for all drivers involved in the accident.
- Contact an Experienced Attorney. Filing personal injury claims against Uber or Lyft can be complicated, as rideshare companies often employ legal tactics to deny claims or reduce liability. It’s highly recommended that injured parties contact experienced personal injury lawyer with experience in rideshare accidents for advice and representation throughout legal proceedings.
- File a Personal Injury Claim. To ensure that personal injury claims are processed quickly and efficiently, filing claims with an insurance company must be done correctly and promptly with all appropriate documentation included such as medical records and proof of damages caused by personal injuries sustained in the accident.
- Negotiate a Settlement. Depending on the severity of personal injuries sustained and other circumstances surrounding the crash, injured passengers may receive a settlement offer from Uber or Lyft's insurance provider shortly after filing their personal injury claim. If coverage is denied completely or provided insufficiently, it’s best to negotiate with insurers under knowledgeable legal counsel rather than accept lowball settlement offers out-of-pocket.
Contact a Marietta Rideshare Accident Attorney
At Connelly Law, PC, we’re committed to recovering the maximum compensation that injured parties deserve after a rideshare accident. If you or a loved one was injured in a Lyft, Uber, or other rideshare service in the Atlanta metro area, it’s crucial to consult with a trusted personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Our firm offers comprehensive services to represent clients in a wide range of personal injury claims, from truck accidents to car crashes. Our trusted legal advocates can assist you by investigating the cause of the accident, obtaining medical records and other relevant evidence, negotiating settlements with insurance companies, and fighting for maximum compensation for all damages.
Personalized ServiceYou'll work directly with your attorney; you'll never be pushed off to a case manager. We communicate at every step of the process.
Skilled Settlement NegotiatorMany personal injury matters are settled by negotiation, and we are highly skilled at producing fair settlements for our clients.
Accomplished Track RecordWe have successfully handled many personal injury cases and have helped many clients obtain favorable outcomes.
Practicing Since 2012As legal advocates for injury victims since 2012, we have acquired a great deal of experience in a multitude of cases.
Whether you have questions regarding our firm, your case, or the next steps you need
to take, we are here to guide you through the legal process of recovering from an
To schedule a free consultation with Connelly Law, contact us at (404) 500-0259.
Our Marietta personal injury attorney is here to help.